Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Voices In My Head And Ice Cream

Ever get to a point in your life, say pretty much every night, and you start hearing voices? It's happening to me right now. These voices are calling me from the freezer. That's where the Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream lurks. I'm so thankful no containers of chocolate chip or Moose Tracks are in there because then I would be hearing multiple voices in my head. I've been addicted to ice cream for years. Probably since high school when I used to scarf down bowls of Heavenly Hash while watching Miami Vice or Monday Night Football. I tell people I have three vices: ice cream, pop and Julie. In no particular order. Which raises the question of whether my wife can be a vice. Probably not, but we'll let America decide that based on the fact that there seems to be an extraordinary number of my progeny running around here. She at least gets the sympathy vote.

Here's how I like my ice cream: When it's quiet in the house. (Ha! I bet you were thinking with chocolate sauce.) I'm not sure what that says about me, but I like to savor it in the silence of my own home. Or wherever it is I'm calling home at the moment. I'll dish the kids up early and hold off until 10 o'clock or so when I can feed the beast in peace. Like right now. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Heavenly Hash and Miami Vice...brother, those were the good old days. I dig that Tillamook stuff, but I kinda take after my old man...Rocky Road with real marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't keep ice cream in the house or it calls to me as I walk by! It's for special occasions only.
    Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny-- I hear the same voice. It's usually from chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. And I like it when it's quiet AND with chocolate sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hands down for us ... Tillamook MINT Choc Chip. The huge dark chocolate pieces are the best! We do settle for Carmel Pecan too. I know in MO Tillamook did not exist....what do you settle for in VA? .. Dryers? aka Edy's. I agree too that ice cream just taste better after 10pm!

    ReplyDelete