Sunday, May 24, 2009

Record Territory

It's been a remarkable year in so many ways. As we near Team Sabo Oregon Departure Date, I find myself reflecting on so many things. Then something gave me pause. Julie is not pregnant. Since the birth of one John Taylor Sabo on April 29, 1992, the longest gap between two successive Sabo kids is ... (pardon us while our crack research team uses all of its fingers and toes) 22 months. (Editor's Note: Are you sure about Taylor's date of birth? Author's reply: Should I not be? I'm pretty sure that's right ... I was there after all. Editor's rebuttal: Um, yeah. But you were at Ethan's birth and how many years was it before you started putting his correct date of birth on Little League applications? Author's reply: OK, I was one day off. Big deal.)

Ahem. Sorry for the interruption. Anyways, as I was saying, 22 months. That would be the approximate gap between Eli's August 19, 2004, birthday and Ezra's birth on June 23, 2006. (Editor's note: Very good Matt. We're so proud. Author's reply: Sigh. It's not like I'm forgetting someone's middle name. Editor's rebuttal: Let's not go there.) But now, Olivia is nearing 14 months of age. And if our math is correct, that means there would be nearly a two-year gap between wee Sabos. Extraordinary. I don't know what this means, other than I feel somewhat rattled. Uneasy even. And I don't know how it affects my dream of having 3 million of my -- er, our -- Sabo progeny populate the Earth within six generations. But this trend appears to be ominous. (Editor's note: One unique circumstance doth not a trend make. Author's reply: Did you get that quote out of a King James Bible? If so, what book was it in?) Whatever the case, I'm keeping on eye on this trend, or whatever it is. I'm still looking for that lefty who throws heat.

1 comment:

  1. Eli was throwing the frisbee left handed at your going away party. Incase you wanted to know.

    ReplyDelete